|Types Of Thermal Spraying
|Methods Of Thermal Spraying
RA Power Solutions is the leading company in thermal spraying – surface treatment. We have the expertise in rebuilding the crank shafts, cylindrical shaft, castings and mechanical components which are damaged and worn out beyond the last permissible limit.
The reclamation of Crankshaft (and many other components) can produce considerable saving over the replacement cost. Saving of 50% is common and in case of large components, as much as 90% may be saved.
The need for reclamation may be to correct manufacturing errors, to repair an obsolete part or a part that has worn excessively in service.General Applications
- Repair and Reconditioning of shafts
- Erosion Prevention quoting
- Anti – Corrosion Application
We have highly trained engineers supported with latest equipments who work insitu and in the factory to provide highest quality of rebuilding techniques to achieve high specification irrespective of all types of components.
Deposit materials mainly used are:
- Tungsten Carbide
- Ceramics and Plastic Composite
- Chrome Carbide
- Our Techniques are as follows:
- Flame Spraying
- Plasma Spraying
- High Velocity Oxygen Fuel
- Arc Spraying
- Rebuilding provides a smooth, wear – resistant surface with a low co-efficient of friction.
- Especially for crankshafts which require a hard surface on the crankpins and main journals, Thermal – Spraying is the best build-up method.
- It is a “Cold” process, the risk of heat warpage by welding and the need for subsequent straightening is eliminated.
- A prime financial benefit of this application is in saving the replacement cost of the crankshaft and in some cases, saving the replacement cost of the engine itself, when a new crankshaft is not obtainable.
- Depending on the local cost of labour, the cost of the repairing the crankshaft will vary; but World –wide experience shows this to be a very small percentage of replacement cost.